Table of Contents
- What is the Amazon Associates Program?
- How does Amazon’s affiliate program work?
- Why you should become an affiliate marketer for Amazon ?
What is the Amazon Associates Program?
Like any other affiliate program, the idea behind the program is simple. Affiliate marketing programs are arrangements where an online merchant pays an affiliate f
In the case of Amazon affiliate marketing, associates are paid when a referred user purchases a product from the e-commerce giant within 24 hours. This is a win-win situation for everyone involved. Sellers benefit from the additional sales and visibility, while affiliates get an additional income. Returns for affiliates are based on performance under the pay-per-sale model. Therefore, it is also in their best interest to optimize their website and content to drive sales. So, if you’re a seller apprehensive about affiliate marketing, you can be assured that it works!
For affiliates, this is a great way to profit from the burgeoning online retail marketplace. Amazon accounts for more than 40% of all online purchases, so the retail giant is a perfect partner. All that’s left is for you to master Amazon affiliate marketing.
How does Amazon’s affiliate program work?
Under the program, affiliates are only paid if redirected users purchase an item from Amazon. Here’s the detailed process:
- Affiliate redirects the user to Amazon (usually a product page) via an affiliate link
- Redirected user purchases products from Amazon within 24 hours
- Affiliate is paid a percentage of each sale within the 24-hour period
Why you should become an affiliate marketer for Amazon ?
Everybody loves an additional income. That is a no-brainer. Amazon’s affiliate program is better than most though. Here are some reasons you should sign up to become an Amazon associate.
- It’s easy to start: All you need to do is sign up. Amazon might take a while to approve your registration. However, once you’re an Amazon associate, you can jump right in and start sharing affiliate links.
- Amazon is a trusted brand: Amazon is the biggest online retail platform in the world. It is a trusted and well-known brand. Your website users/visitors will know exactly what your affiliate link redirects to, and will not be hesitant to click that button. Credibility counts for a lot online!
- Choices, choices, and more choices: You’ll never have to worry about what you want to advertise. There are over 120 million products being sold on Amazon, so you’ll never have trouble finding the right product to advertise on your platform. Products are not the only things you can advertise as an affiliate, so you’re spoiled for choice. We’ll look into your options as an affiliate later.
- 24 hours of profit: Remember when I said associates get paid for every product purchased by a consumer within 24 hours of clicking the affiliate link? Well, that is a good deal. What does this mean? If a consumer clicks your affiliate link for a moisturizer and purchases that product, you get a percentage of the sale. Great so far? It gets better. You get a cut for every other product that customer purchases within 24 hours of clicking your link. Did they buy some batteries? You get a percentage of that sale too. Maybe a toothbrush? That’s right, you’re getting paid!
Add a Comment